Location: Kansas City, KS
The Compensation Manager is responsible for managing the compensation function for all business units. The compensation
manager plans, develops and implements new and revised compensation programs, policies and procedures to be responsive to
the company's goals and competitive practices. This position is also responsible for ensuring through audits, legal reports
and personal interactions that company compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies
and government regulations; as well as provide compensation technical counsel and expertise.
Researches, develops and implements compensation strategies and plans ensuring alignment with corporate and business unit
objectives. Monitors the effectiveness of compensation strategies, policies, guidelines and procedures recommending plan revisions
as well as new plans that are cost-effective and consistent with compensation trends and corporate objectives. Coordinates
implementation and provides guidance to corporate Human Resources staff.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation
(executive, exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs) for all business units, including the processing, recording and
reporting of compensation-related actions related to salaried employees.
- Manages the assessment of the business needs
and impacts of existing and new compensation programs. Performs financial modeling & analysis; determines the impact of
design changes on compensation and company financials. Responsible for the planning, designing and implementation of new programs
based on these needs and analysis.
- Timely prepares executive presentations for the Compensation Committee, Sr. Management
Team, Vice Presidents, etc.; with a high degree of accuracy. Designs tools, guidelines, templates and communication materials
to effectively educate employees, managers and executives on all pay programs.
- Analyzes the company's incentive
plans to ensure viability and that they are achieving their intended objectives. This includes the development and administration
of short/medium/long term incentive programs and deferred compensation. These could be for a particular segment such as sales.
- Prepares and delivers recommendations and action plans to address identified pay discrepancies or opportunities
for improvement with HR and business unit executives.
- Establish guidelines for base pay structure analysis, administration
and governance for all countries with our employees.
- Keeps apprised of federal, state and local compensation laws
and regulations to ensure company compliance.
- Supervises the participation in, conducts and/or purchases exempt and
nonexempt salary surveys to ensure corporate compensation objectives are achieved.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in job evaluation
and compensation design, policies, and practices including
- Two years of experience supervising
- Two years of Executive Compensation experience.
Certifications, e.g., CCP, PHR, and/or SPHR preferred.
- Strong experience in managing base pay programs and incentive
pay programs across a global platform in partnership with a global HRIS system.
- Maintains a high level of analytical
skills including proficiency in spreadsheet and data base applications.
- Communicates effectively and professionally
(verbally and written) with all level of employees and management.
- Fluid in excel with ability to reconcile spend,
provide cost estimates and key assumptions for annual planning process as well as other times throughout the year.
Maintains a high level of analytical skills including proficiency in spreadsheet and data base applications.
base pay and total cash integration strategies for employees.
- Ensure internal equity analyses are completed
to address pay discrepancies by business unit, job family or protected class.
- Provide consultation to HR partners
in the development of competitive salary offers, retention of key talent and career development plans.
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word" copy of
your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location
in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group