Location: Dallas area, TX
The Director of Benefits is an
integral member of the Human Resources team, and is primarily responsible for the overall design, implementation, communication,
and administration of the organization's health and welfare benefits programs. This individual will ensure that the programs
adhere to current regulations and support the organization's strategic objectives. The position requires in-depth knowledge
of health and welfare benefits. This individual will serve as the primary point of contact with vendors, and will provide
expertise and guidance to the Chief Human Resources Officer on the various employee benefit plans available and industry trends.
The individual will coordinate new or modified benefit plans and employee benefit policies as well as supervise the administration
of existing plans. This individual will possess extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Works with insurance broker to secure and administer all benefits that make up the organization's Welfare
Benefit Plan, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, accident and critical illness plans; as well as FSA
- Works closely with employees and Payroll to administer Health Savings Account contributions.
the reconciliation of enrollment reports and billings to employee records for ensuring accurate eligibility and
payment information while complying with contract provisions.
- Oversees the maintenance of employee benefit
files and updates employee payroll records with regards to benefit deductions.
- Manages COBRA benefit continuation
with third party provider to ensure compliance.
- Manages employee requests to make benefit changes to ensure compliance
with laws and policy language with regards to qualifying events.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure
timely, accurate, and compliant administration of benefit programs.
- Together with Head of HR, participates
in annual renewal process and strategy
- Manages annual open enrollment, including communications, systems testing
and employee elections/confirmations.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory needs including but not limited
to ERISA, COBRA, and ACA by staying up to date on regulatory changes to ensure proper administration.
- Minimum 8-10 years' experience in employee benefits field or related area.
degree in HR, Business, Accounting or IT preferred.
- CEBS; CBP Certification a plus.
- Strong organization,
analytical and prioritization skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products.
interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with all levels
of management and staff and with external parties
- Capability to effectively plan and set priorities. Ability
to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines while paying close
attention to detail and accuracy.
- Knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations with regards to benefits
administration, including ERISA, COBRA, ACA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA and other industry legislation.
- A working
knowledge of health and welfare plans, with demonstrated ability to explain, apply and understand analysis techniques,
benefit plan design and employee benefit laws.
- Experience in facilitating and managing conflict resolution
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word" copy of your resume/CV
and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location in the subject
line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group