Location: Waynesboro, VA
provides in depth support of the Network Transport, IP and Ethernet Networks. The Engineer will have Extensive knowledge of
commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within at least one of the functional areas of the organization. The Position
may operate with considerable latitude for unsupervised action or decision. May design, develop, test and implement all components,
equipment, and software within the functional area of the organization. The position may perform administrative work relating
to projects and assignments.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve
problems affecting network performance that have been escalated and unresolved within the NOC teams
- Provide technical
and analytical support in determining the root cause of network problems and implement action plans to resolve potential
or active Network impacting issues.
- Performs analysis and studies to determine requirements, immediate and
long-range plans and designs
- Acts as technical consultant within and outside assigned department in area
of expertise; regarded as subject matter expert.
- Recommend solutions to correct network trouble issues and
- Assist other technicians with their technical development in the use of monitoring tools, network
structure and theory.
- Develop and Teach Classes to NOC Analyst I and II members to maintain highest
level of technical knowledge on team.
- Provide assistance and support to other team member as required during
- Utilizes high level of communication and interpersonal skills to establish and maintain positive
and productive working relationships
- Perform any other duties assigned by NOC supervisor or Manager.
- College degree in Engineering or a related field
- 2-4 years
professional level experience; or 5+ years professional level related Engineering/Technical experience; or an equivalent
combination of education and professional level related Engineering/Technical experience required.
Proficient in TCP/IP networking to include but not limited to MPLS, BGP, iBGP, eBGP, OSPF, SNMP, UDP, IMAP, DNS,
RADIUS (AAA), LDAP, NTP and SMTP.
- OTN, ROADM, SONET, cross connect provisioning and signal grooming
TDM, SONET, Optical Fiber, CWDM/DWDM experience
- Ethernet and Mobile Backhaul Experience is desired.
TACACS, TACACS+, Radius.
- Experience with various protection and switching methodology to include UPSR/BLSR
/ SNMP and EMS/NMS experience
- CISCO and CIENA Transport Certifications
- 2+ years troubleshooting
higher level Network Hardware
- 2+ years in network operations environment or related job.
highly motivated self-starter
- Demonstrated strong research and testing abilities
- Perform On -Call duties as necessary.
CCNA, JNCIA, Metro
E CEF certifications desired
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word" copy
of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location
in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group