Manager Human Resources
This position serves as a strategic partner to division leadership. This position provides
leadership and HR consultant services to division leadership. The HR Manager provides and manages human resource services,
programs and policies that attract, retain, train and develop qualified teammates for the successful operation of the division
and to meet the future needs of the organization.
- Ensure compliance with all company and government regulatory
standards in the areas of compensation, benefits, labor, affirmative action, employment law, diversity and all other
Human Resource governance.
- Provide advice, interpretation, and counsel to management within the areas of policy,
programs, and practice.
- Conduct investigations and make sound fact-based decisions.
- Work in partnership
with division leadership in determining required people resources, training needs, identification of leadership
talent, and succession planning.
- Work in conjunction with division leadership to create a company culture that
emphasizes teammate and customer service, continuous improvement and high performance.
- Educate leadership in
maintaining positive and union-free teammate relations through planned programs for teammate communication and leadership
- Act as coach and confidant to all teammates.
- Balance the role of company representative
with that of teammate advocate.
- Establish network of local business leaders, civic leaders and elected officials
to promote community relations.
- Plan and direct recruiting, staffing programs to attract and retain qualified
- Implement and administer teammate benefits programs; heighten teammate awareness of such programs.
supervise and conduct training programs to improve teammate job knowledge and productivity.
- Direct day-to-day
salary administration and salary planning within company guidelines to ensure internal fairness in pay and to reward
teammates for their performance.
- Administer compensation policy to ensure fair and consistent treatment of teammates.
safety and worker's compensation programs within legislative guidelines to reduce on the job injuries and reduce
expenses once an injury occurs.
- Assist with budgeting process regarding training expenses, safety costs, teammate
benefits, and other planned teammate related activities.
- Administer the annual merit and review process
for both exempt and non-exempt groups.
- Train and develop staff to realize their potential, utilize their abilities
and provide future talent to meet the needs of the organization.
- Ensure the environment of teaching, coaching
- Have a bachelor's degree; emphasis
in Human Resources preferred.
- Have 5+ years of leadership experience in all facets of HR.
- Ideal candidate
will come from Logistics, Warehousing, Transportation, etc.
- Have knowledge of MS Office software;
experience with Peoplesoft preferred.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems.
- Be able to effectively present
information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, vendors, and teammates.
- Be able to enforce
policies and procedures.
- Be able to work independently.
- Be able to positively handle conflict.
strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Understand financial statements and resulting cost implications.
Possess ability to identify financial issues and provide cost effective solutions to such issues.
- Be able to
define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Be able to interpret an extensive
variety of instructions with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Have strong analytical skills with
proven ability to work within the framework of the team.
- Possess demonstrated knowledge of distribution systems,
market, and competition preferred.
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word"
copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the
location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group