This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a smooth operation of the Transportation
Department and helps provide 24-hr coverage. Provides general supervision of all transportation drivers and administrative
staff. Primary responsibility is to make sure that all Teammates are on the job at the start of the shift or at the scheduled
dispatch time. This position involves the planning, directing, and coordination of all delivery and backhaul activities, and
must keep product moving smoothly, accurately, and efficiently.
- Direct and motivate Teammates.
any accidents or unsafe conditions to the Transportation Manager and the Safety Manager.
- Be responsible for
compliance and knowledge with Federal Department of Transportation regulations and other safety standards. Maintain fleet
in a safe manner in accordance with company and governmental standards.
- Keep all mistakes and waste to a
minimum and check to make sure that routes are properly set up.
- Maintain effective and timely scheduling of Transportation
Teammates, current week and following week schedules should always be posted with a working copy available by request
for the next week.
- Facilitate communication within the management team and between the Teammates and management.
all scheduled tasks to ensure that they are efficiently completed.
- Provide training as needed to maintain
an efficient and knowledgeable work force.
- Enforce general company policies and issuance of coaching/disciplinary
documentation to Teammates, final written warning and termination will be presented for approval to the Transportation
Manager and/or the Human Resources Manager.
- Be responsible for productivity data including but not limited to
unload rates, routes, stops, and pieces; timely scheduling of all routes for "on-time" departures; on-time
- Be able to interpret the Teammate Handbook.
- Have knowledge of backhaul and
- Provide departmental coverage and leadership and maintain level of managerial professionalism
at all times.
- Assist the Assistant Transportation Manager and/or Transportation Manager with research and
development of new techniques and procedures to increase the efficiency of any transportation operation.
- Have 3+ years of experience in all facets of outbound transportation,
preferably in the food service industry.
- Have mainframe computer software knowledge related
to record keeping. Preferred experience on AS 400 Mainframe, Excel, Microsoft Word, and Access programs;
People Net, Appian, TMW, or similar programs.
- Be able to write reports, business correspondence, procedure
manuals, and inter-company memos/outside correspondence.
- Have 2-3 years of accounting, planning, and analytical
and/or reporting experience, in positions with increasing responsibility is preferred.
- Be able to read,
analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
financial statements and resulting cost implications.
- Have strong analytical and communication skill with
proven ability to work within the framework of the Team.
- Have knowledge of distribution
systems to include order routing.
- Understand dispatch issues and procedures.
- Have a
bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word"
copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the
location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group