Employee & Labor Relations
Location: Columbia, SC or Charlotte, NC
The overarching objective of this role is to ensure we provide our teammates with a positive work environment consistent
with company values and simultaneously avoid employment related compliance risk and cost. This is primarily accomplished
- Proactive design, implementation, monitoring and updating of
employment related policies and programs
- Leading and executing the employee engagement strategy and process
Leading and executing the employee complaint and grievance process
- Leading and executing the union avoidance strategy
- Leading and executing the union negotiation strategy and process
- In conjunction with Corporate
Counsel, keeping the organization informed of evolving employment compliance and legal requirements
- Ensuring compliance
with all applicable Federal, State and local employment and labor laws
- Tracking and reporting key metrics related
to employment and labor
- Collaborating with business leaders, HR Business partners other HR Centers of Excellence
to achieve ER/LR objectives
Bachelors' degree at minimum (ideally a master's degree)
- Juris Doctorate is highly desired.
years of hands-on practical ER/LR experience is required, if you've worked in manufacturing or the industrial sector,
that's a major bonus.
- Union avoidance experience
- Experience negotiating union contracts is required
- having sat first chair.
- Experience setting strategy around Union Avoidance, Negotiations and Employee Engagement.
- Collaboration building relationships with business leaders, HR Business partners and other HR leaders to achieve
- Responsible for keeping the organization informed of future legal trends from an employee workforce
- This role will require moderate travel at times
If you are interested and qualified, please send a "Word" copy of your resume/CV and salary requirements
to the address below. When applying, please indicate the job and the location in the subject line of your e-mail.
Jericho HR Group